June 23, 2010

My Chou Chou

I'm sure everyone has a Chou Chou(stinky pillow/blankie/bolster) since childhood even if some people grows out of it and doesn't need it anymore.

And, I'm not one of those who grows out of it.
I don't care if people laugh at me or whatsoever!

Last night, I found out that my special pillow were missing and i thought Mum put it under the sun to air it or something. This morning, I asked my maid where my pillow went and she said "Mum threw it away..."
THREW IT AWAY???
OMG I'm so pissed!
I want to kill someone!

This is the 2nd time she threw my Chou Chou away! DAMN IT!

My first Chou Chou was a small little baby blanket I've been using since i can't remember when. I bring around the house and I can't drink milk without it. I even have to bring it with me when my family goes Malaysia for visiting. Its been with me all the way till Primary school when 1 day it finally went missing.
I confronted my mum and found out that she threw it away. I got angry and didn't talk to her for a week or so.
Mum then got me a little white pillow to coax me and ever since, that pillow became my 2nd Chou Chou.

I then call it 'xiang xiang' (pleasant smell) instead of Chou Chou. I'm very attached to my Xiang Xiang because it smells nice, although everyone else don't appreciate the smell. Apart from that, it gives me a sense of security at night when I'm asleep. And lastly, its been with me through my puberty, tough times, rough times, sad times and happy times. I cried on it, drooled on it, perspired on it and dreamed with it. Therefore unlike the first Chou Chou which smells more like milk, Xiang Xiang smells like me and everything bout me.

Xiang Xiang got worn and tore over the years. Mum had asked me to throw it away several times but i refused. I even warned her not to throw it away or else i will go bonkers with her. But i guess today, when i'm twenty fucking three years old, she finally decides that she can throw my stuff away without my consent.

People can only tell me to get a new one and get over it. But what do they know?
Its more then just a pillow i hug to sleep every night.
Nothing can replace Xiang Xiang.

=(

1 comment:

Yee Shun Jian said...

Nothing can replace your xiang xiang... but beer is a temporary solution... haha