December 3, 2009

Retarded smokers

I was standing outside at my smoking area as usual for a break. Then came these youngsters sitting at the stairs.

Older kid and younger kid called out to me: "Xiao Jie! Xiao Jie!"
With my back facing them, I refused to acknowledge them and continues smoking.
Then this younger kid wearing his secondary school uniform (short pants some more) came to me saying : "Xiao Jie, can I have one cigarette?"
I looked at him from head to toe and answered: "You shouldn't be smoking since you are underage."
Younger kid then points to older kid wearing home clothes: "Not for me, Its my friend who wants it."
Like I care who wants it right? First of all, if its the older kid who wants it, he can ask himself. Why use the younger kid as if he is his dog? Secondly, I don't really believe the older kid is of legal age to smoke. And lastly, even if he's of legal age, go work and buy your own cigarette! Don't he feel ashamed going around begging for cigarette from strangers?
So I answered him: "No money don't smoke."
Older kid shouted to younger kid: "What she said?"
Younger kid told him what I said. At that point of time, I've finished smoking and prepared to walk back. As I walked passed the older kid, he said :"Fine! I'll buy a pack and let you see."
I continued walking and ignored him thinking in my mind "by all means!"

Last time as kids, I don't even go begging for cigarettes from strangers. Its always me giving my friends cigarette or vice versa (underage giving underage) haha! And that time, the mini mart outside my school illegally sells cigarettes to us. So there's no issue. If I'm outside, I'll pass money to my older friend to ask them to buy for me. Well, of cos its wrong also but if the kid has money, he/she will do anything to get the thing he/she wants right? Even if you don't help, they will still go to others.

Since now all the younger friends are calling me old because I'm 22 this year, then I shall take advantage of being old and deprive this little pathetic creatures of cigarettes. MUAHAHAHA!

So the moral of the story is, don't smoke if you have no money. I know it seems ironic for people to spend money to jeopardize their health. But its a form of enjoyment, and agree with me, sometimes in life, to enjoy something, you have to sacrifice something. You have to risk being safe to enjoy other things.

Lastly, I'm of cos not encouraging rich people to smoke. If you are not a smoker, don't even ever start! However, if you are a smoker and you're going broke because the government is taxing ever so highly on cigarettes, then quit it for lunch's money sake.

No comments: